Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Daisuke Matsuzaka Quickie

"I know there are several teams that are interested and I'll go with the one that most appropriately evaluates my ability."
-Matsuzaka


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously, would anybody fault the guy if he said "I'll go with the one that gives me the best offer"? That's what people do. It's not "not playing for the love of the game" or shit like that if you take the most money offered to you. That's just common sense.

But I love the idea of Scott Boras announcing, "While the Yankees have offered Daisuke a five-year, $85 million contract, we believe that when you take into consideration posting fees, as well as the fact that Barry Zito, who is not as nasty but is more proven in the bigs, will likely get five-for-75, the Yankees have over-estimated Daisuke's ability. We've decided to go with the Angels' four-year, $50 million dollar offer instead, just to keep things fair."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home