Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Few Funnies

I watched a bunch of The Simpsons Season Three on DVD last night. A couple notable things:

-In the commentary for "Homer at the Bat", show-runner Al Jean mentions that "all the players were really great to work with. Except for one whose name I won't mention, but it rhymes with 'Manseco'."

-In "Bart's Friend Falls in Love", Bart takes advantage of Milhouse's otherwise-occupied attention to rip him off in some baseball card trades. My favorite part: "I'll take your Ozzie Smith rookie card for my Vizquel." Back when these two were actually playing, people realized their respective values. Now that Smith is a distant memory, this helps bring into clearer context the idiocy of writers who want Vizquel in the hall because "he is almost as good in the field as Ozzie and he can hit better", to sum it up. 1) He is NOT almost as good as Ozzie was, and 2) WHO CARES.

Here's a great article from the Onion, presumably written by Ned Colletti. I'm glad the Onion is doing sports now; before all we had was the Brushback, which had laugh-out-loud headlines but terrible writing. The Onion's writing as always been top-notch.

And also, here's some info on Toronto Star columnist Richard Griffin's sex life, completely unsolicited.

I won't be posting for a couple days, but keep checking out Prospectus' updates on the winter meetings. Maybe the next time I see you, Manny Ramirez will have been traded. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home